Try changing the SFLDSP condition to N73 and N74.
I think that since *IN74 was off, the program was attempting to display the
subfile, but the subfile was empty.

fkany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Good morning,

I've got 2 screens(screen1 & screen2) and each has a subfile. Screen1
displays and functions just fine. When an option is chosen on screen1,
screen2 is supposed to display, but when I try to clear the subfile, the
program bombs. In the RPGIV code below, the program bombs on the WRITE
operation. The job log wasn't helpful.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Frank

I use the same subfile control specs in both screens:
A*
A* ========
A* Screen 1 - CONTROL
A* ========
A R ARSCRN01
A SFLCTL(ARSCRNSFL)
A SFLSIZ(14)
A SFLPAG(13)
A CF03(03 'F3=Exit')
A N74 SFLDSP
A N73 SFLDSPCTL
A 73 SFLCLR
A 75 SFLEND(*MORE)
A OVERLAY
A SFLCSRRRN(&@@RRL1)
A RTNCSRLOC(&##1RCD &##1FLD)
A CSRLOC(##1ROW ##1COL)
A @@RRL1 5S 0H
A ##1FLD 10A H
A ##1ROW 3S 0H
A ##1COL 3S 0H
A ##1RCD 10A H
A @@RRN1 4S 0H SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR)
A*
A* ========
A* Screen 2 - CONTROL
A* ========
A R ARSCRN02
A SFLCTL(ARSCRNSFL2)
A SFLSIZ(9)
A SFLPAG(8)
A CF03(03 'F3=Exit')
A N74 SFLDSP
A N73 SFLDSPCTL
A 73 SFLCLR
A 75 SFLEND(*MORE)
A OVERLAY
A SFLCSRRRN(&@@RRL2)
A RTNCSRLOC(&##2RCD &##2FLD)
A CSRLOC(##2ROW ##2COL)
A @@RRL2 5S 0H
A ##2FLD 10A H
A ##2ROW 3S 0H
A ##2COL 3S 0H
A ##2RCD 10A H
A @@RRN2 4S 0H SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR)

*
* S02_LOAD - Load All Email Addresses for Record into Screen 2
FRANKP S02_LOAD B
?*
?* Initialize Subfile
?* Clear Subfile