Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sender: Scott Klement

Eduard,

In V5R3, IBM added a new capability (that I've never used) to the GSKit API
that allows you to accept a certificate that's expired. They added PTFs to
enable this support in V5R1 or V5R2. This is documented in APAR SE07971.
Here's a link to that APAR:

http://tinyurl.com/8hykw

Make sure you have those PTFs applied to your system if you're not running V5R3
yet.

And here's a link to the documentation for the GSKit where it provides some
info about what this option does:

http://tinyurl.com/dan9n

To install this in HTTPAPI, you'll need to change the source code. Start by
adding the following definitions to the GSKSSL_H source member:

D GSK_SERVER_AUTH_TYPE...
D C CONST(410)

D GSK_SERVER_AUTH_FULL...
D C CONST(534)
D GSK_SERVER_AUTH_PASSTHRU...
D C CONST(535)

Then, you'll need to edit the COMMSSLR4 source member.and insert the code to
set these options. Search for GSK_CLIENT_AUTH in the COMMSSLR4 member. Right
after that group of code, but before the code for setting the SSL protocol
versions, insert the following:

C* Allow passthru of the server's info:
c eval rc = gsk_attribute_set_enum(wkEnvh:
c GSK_SERVER_AUTH_TYPE:
c GSK_SERVER_AUTH_PASSTHRU)
c if rc <> GSK_OK
c callp SetError(HTTP_GSKATYP: 'Setting ' +
c 'auth type: ' + ssl_error(rc))
c return -1
c endif

Then recompile HTTPAPI and try it. Here's where I can't help you -- I have no
way to test this code. I do not have access to a server with an expired
certificate. The documentation (that I linked to, above) says that it'll allow
an expired certificate, but I can't test it.

---
Scott Klement http://www.scottklement.com