From: rpg400-l-bounces+mradding=dpi-west.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces+mradding=dpi-west.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:23 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Call RPG Service Program from CLLE

Marvin,

There are probably a thousand ways to write programs with message
subfiles.

What I see below is only the definition of the message subfile, not the
body of the display.  While the OVERLAY in the message subfile control
may or may not be necessary, in the body of the display you definitely
need the OVERLAY keyword on the displays which follow the WRITE of the
message subfile.

A big mistake that I'll make (heaven only knows how many times) is
putting my function key legend (the main body) on Line 24.  Even with
OVERLAY this hides the messages.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*iSeries/i5 Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *