Hi guys,

>>The line with SQLCOD should read: "Dow    SQLCOD = 0"

I've now read in several answers to use SQLCOD = *Zeros.
You should avoid this and either use SQLCOD = 100 to check if not found or
even better to use SQLSTT '2000'.
To detect an error you have to check for a negative SQLCOD.

Beginning with release V5R1M0 there are several situations where a row is
returned,
but an SQLCOD between 1 and 99, a warning, is sent.

For example you'll get SQLCOD 30, if you join two files and only read the
information of the first one into an external data structure.

D DSFile1     E  DS                  ExtName('FILE1')

C/EXEC SQL
C+ Declare CsrC1 Cursor for
C+    Select *
C+       from File1 join File 2 on File1.Key = File2.Key
C+       Where File1.Fld = 'XXX' and File2.Fld = 'ABC'
C/END-EXEC

C/EXEC SQL   Open CsrC1
C/END-EXEC

C/EXEC SQL   Fetch Next From CsrC1 Into :DSFile1
C/END-EXEC

--> SQLCOD is now 30, but the row is returned!!!

By the way, to learn embedded SQL there are several redbooks where also a
lot of examples can be found:
Who Knew You Could Do That with RPG IV? A Sorcerer's Guide to System Access
and More
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg245402.html?Open

Modernizing IBM eServer iSeries Application Data Access - A Roadmap
Cornerstone
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246393.html?Open

Birgitta