From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Marvin Radding
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:12 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Service Programs and Naming Conventions

1a. Then when I see module names in upper/lower case that must mean that
it was not written in RPG but probably C or C++

1b. I was planning to use the dots in the name of the module thinking
that it would be hidden inside quote marks.

2. Yes I mean service program.  I understand the need to not disturb the
order as this would force an update of the program, which I am trying to
avoid while making improvements/enhancements to the service program.

On your last statement, wouldn't adding a parameter even if it was
OPTIONS(*NOPASS) change the signature forcing an update of the program?
That is what I am trying to avoid.  I want to make changes and
enhancements without the necessity of updating all program to make sure
there won't be any fatal errors when the user goes to use a program.
The update could take a long time with over 2,000 programs over 6
systems.

Marvin