File2 defined as below

A          R REC1
A            PACKED        11P 2
A            NUM            4S 0

I have a RPG program as below

The value in File1/Fld1 = 131313123.12

FFILE1   IF  E                    DISK
IDS        EIDSFILE2

C                     READ FILE1                    80
C           *IN80     DOWEQ*OFF
C                     Z-ADDFLD1      PACKED
C           DS        DSPLY
C                     READ FILE1                    80
C                     ENDDO
 *
C                     SETON                     LR

1) The problem is the data structure "DS" is populated with Junk value

2) When I debug I could see the data structure "DS" has only length of six
   For Packed and length of four for Num , while the length provided for
   PACKED in data structure should have been eleven
   when I execute Eval PACKED (Or F11 key) on debug command line I
   have the correct value of File1/Fld1 = 131313123.12 in PACKED field too

3) If I look  at the spool file the data structure has the below structure

      P   1   62PACKED
          7  100NUM

    For "Num" the starting position should have been 12 15(0) Num
    The total length of the data structure "DS" is DS(10)
    The length should have been = 15

4) This problem exists in RPT, RPG, RPGLE , how ever I could over come the
   problem if I define exclusively in the data structure for positions
   1 to 11(2) Zoned for "PACKED" field

I am currently working on V5R3, could some one please help me on this

Thanks
Sadiq