I'm sending an *ESCAPE message from an RPG validity checking program using a
prototype of:

D SendProgramMessage...
D                 PR                  ExtPgm('QMHSNDPM')
D                                7A   Const
D                               20A   Const
D                               84A   Const
D                               10I 0 Const
D                               10A   Const
D                               10A   Const
D                               10I 0 Const
D                                4A
D                               10I 0 Const

and a call of:

SendProgramMessage( 'CPF0002' : 'QCPFMSG   *LIBL     ' :
                    '' : 0 : '*ESCAPE' : '*PGMBDY' : 1 :
                    #Key : 0 );

I thought I'd have some problems with cleanup (open files at least) but it
appears that after sending the *ESCAPE there are no open files in the job.
What does *ESCAPE do to an RPG ILE program?  Is there something going on
with RPG trapping the *ESCAPE message and closing the files?  Is this just
normal behavior for ILE to shut down the program using an *ESCAPE message?
Is using *ESCAPE equivalent to *INLR = *ON followed by RETURN?

Curious,
Paul