And I probably didn't help things by introducing the OpenSource4iSeries.com site either although in the next week or two I'll be adding a feature that allows folks to submit their own favorite links to open source code, examples and tutorials and also search through those links for information. Hopefully that will build a more helpful repository of information (at least on iSeries Open Source projects). It IS an open source oriented site though. There are plenty of great fee based and free (though proprietary) sites also out there.

I am happy to plug anyone's site that helps build this community up. I'll be at fall common with an updated Open Source session and I am trying to grow the opensource4iseries.com site. You'll be mentioned again(!)....I KNEW I had seen that somewhere....should have checked my OWN site references.....

Pete

Leif Guldbrand wrote:

Pete,

You're welcome - I owe you a favor - showing my site at a session @ Common
(Open Source).

Then post it all in a more or less central place (like Midrange.com.....)

It has been discussed before recently (was it you that raised it ?)... to no avail. Though... http://www.as400pro.com is trying to do something like you say - a central place with links to many sites.

Take a look - and give them feedback for your thoughts.

(I'm not afili...a.s.o - that said... I dont know them, but they seem to work
hard
collecting links to iSeries stuff :-)

Leif ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Helgren" <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>