Sorry,
my mistake I should have pasted:
CALL PGM(INVMARGIN) PARM('AA' '06/01/2005' '06/30/2005')
not CALL PGM(INVMARGIN) PARM('AA' '06/01/2005' '06/30/'2005')

So it runs from the command line, but not from the RPG.  This definitely
sounds like it's finding a different program when it's being submitted.
If you do a WRKOBJ *ALL/INVMARGIN do you find more that one INVMARGIN?

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

"Douglas W. Palme" <dpalme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2005/07/18 01:41 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: Error on compile

Runs just like it is supposed to, although it is putting an extra ' in the

second date, IE:

CALL PGM(INVMARGIN) PARM('AA' '06/01/2005' '06/30/    '       2005')

I wonder why that is happening or am reading it wrong?

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:36:53 -0230, RPower wrote
> Can you copy and paste the cmd into the command line and see if it
> runs then? This is not making much sense because it should be
> working.  You don't happen to have another copy of INVMARGIN out
> there that's causing the issue? Go to your command line and paste:
> CALL PGM(INVMARGIN) PARM('AA' '06/01/2005' '06/30/'2005') and see
> what happens...
>
> Ron Power
> Programmer
> Information Services
> City Of St. John's, NL
> P.O. Box 908
> St. John's, NL
> A1C 5M2
> 709-576-8132
> rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.stjohns.ca/

> Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of
> enthusiasm. - Sir Winston Churchill
>
> "Douglas W. Palme" <dpalme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 2005/07/18 01:24 PM
> Please respond to
> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: Error on compile
>
> The reason I did not use a CL program was because there are some
> routines I need to run, 1. verify the user has access to the data,
> set the parameters
>
> for what data is extracted, etc.
>
> I suppose I can have the original rpgle do that and then call the cl
> program, and let it submit the job......but it still would have been
> nice to figure out how to do it from within rpgle.
>
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:42:29 -0600, Tyler, Matt wrote
> > Douglas,
> >                I would like to see the dump entry of CMD.  The one
shown
> here does
> > not look right.  By the way, if you submit to a CL program, you have
> > to pass ALL parameters, unless you want to add CEE* code to obtain
> > the information about parameters passed Very technical and prone to
> > errors, IMO.
> >
> >                SBMJOB CMD(CLPGMA PARM('1' '2' '07/18/2005'
> 'ABCDEFGHIJKMNOP'))
> > JOB(CLPGMA)
> >
> >                To reduce your level of frustration, I would also
suggest
> creating a
> > submitting CL program that receives your parameters and then runs
> > the SBMOJB command.
> >
> >                PGM  PARM(&CODE &TYPE &DATE &DATA)
> >                Dcl's left out intentionally
> >                SBMJOB CMD(CLPGMA PARM(&CODE &TYPE &DATE &PRM4))
> JOB(CLPGMA)
> >                ENDPGM
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Matt Tyler
> > WinCo Foods, LLC
> > mattt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOL

> > On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:12:40 +0100, Saunders, Martin P wrote
> > > There should be a space between '(INMARGIN)' and 'PARM'.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Martin

RPG400-