Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

"Douglas W. Palme" <dpalme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2005/07/18 12:20 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: Error on compile

Ok, I am totally lost now LOL.....I do believe that I still need to keep
each parm deliminited which is what I have been doing.

Here is what it looks like, which at least to me looks correct:

 > EVAL CMD
   CMD =
             ....5...10...15...20...25...30...35...40...45...50...55...60
        1   'SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(INVMARGIN)PARM('AA' '06/01/2005' '06/30/'

       61   '2005'))                                                     '

      121   '                                                            '

      181   '                    '

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:12:22 -0230, RPower wrote
> Well,
> Because you are building a literal within the program it's the same
> as if you were going to call the program from the command line.
> Basically passing the parms as a string instead of the traditional
> way of calling a pgm.
>
> Ron Power
> Programmer
> Information Services
> City Of St. John's, NL
> P.O. Box 908
> St. John's, NL
> A1C 5M2
> 709-576-8132
> rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.stjohns.ca/

> Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of
> enthusiasm. - Sir Winston Churchill
>
> "Raby, Steve \(GE Advanced Materials, consultant\)"
> <steve.raby@xxxxxx> Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 2005/07/18 12:02 PM Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 /
> iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: Error on compile
>
> I would have thought that as the called program was expecting
>
> > > C     *ENTRY        PLIST
> > > C                   PARM                    ALPHPARM
> > > C                   PARM                    DSTARTDATE
> > > C                   PARM                    DENDDATE
>
> Then shouldn't the call  be something like
>
> SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(PGMA) PARM(PARM1 PARM2 PARM3))
>
> Of course I know very little about RPGLE SQL and so I may be totally
> wrong but it seems that is what it would expect.
>
> Steve

CMD(CALL