Thanks, Rob, but I really did do my homework first, this time. I checked out those 5 PTFs and we had 3 of them on already and the other 2 related to the graphical debugger and to C modules. None of them described my symptoms. Have you found it beneficial in the past to go ahead and install PTFs even if they were only "loosely" in the same subject area?

On further testing, I've found my problem not to be just with service program modules, but apparently with any modules that are "NOMAIN" modules. I have existing programs in production compiled in V5R2 for V5R2 in which STRDBG works just fine on the main module, but will not set a breakpoint properly on a nomain module in the very same program. This same program debugged just fine only last week. Mind you, this is only a breakpoint setting problem. The code actually works just fine. It is consistent on all my source modules (RPG only in my case, so I don't know about other languages). Since it just started when we upgraded to V5R3 this past weekend, I have to assume it has to do with the upgrade. I can't believe I'm the only one on V5R3 using nomain modules, but I have found nothing else about it in the archives or anywhere else I've looked. Rob, if you or anyone else out there is on the same release, could you please test out STRDBG on one of your nomain modules in either a program or service program and let me know if it is just my system or a more generalized problem? All you have to do is try to set a breakpoint on the first C spec in one of your procedures and if you have the same problem, it will go off into never-never land. Thanks.

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I found 5 ptf's for V5R3 related to STRDBG at
http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.nsf/as4ptfhome
Two were in the base operating system.
One is out on a cume.
Two are not on any cume's yet.