Correct.

Now for what may be TMI at this point....but

The precompiler doesn't understand variable scope.  You'll need to make sure
that the variable names you use in embedded SQL aren't defined multiple times
with different attributes.

Now, this doesn't mean you can use a local procedure variable.  That works.
But even though the variable is local to the procedure, the precompiler will
choke if the same variable name is used someplace else in the source, another
procedure or global, and has different attributes.

Additionally, at v5r2, you could pass a MODS but not a DS array.  v5r3 added
support for DS arrays.

for instance:

c/exec sql
c+  fetch from myCursor for 30 rows into :hostDS
c/end-exec

In v5r2, hostDS had to be a MODS.  In v5r3, hostDS could be a MODS [OCCUR(30)]
or an array [DIM(30)].

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America