Hi!

After some new experimentations, I believe I found the answer. I
misunderstood the use of SQLN when I do my first call of DESCRIBE TABLE. I
setted this variable to 720, so I limited the number of elements of SQL_VAR
to 720...

I tried to set SQLN to more than 720... Everything works fine. So, if I
don't want to be worried about that any more, all I have to do is to set
SQLN to 8000 - that's the maximum number of fields a SQL statement can
handle.

Charles

"Carel Teijgeler" <coteijgeler@xxxxxxxxx> a
écrit dans le message de news:200506301907460400.002367B5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Charles,
>
> It seems no one knows the correct answer. Have you searched the Web? I
cannot find a real answer for that either.
> According to the Appendix A an SQL table can have either 500 or 1024
fields maximum. I assume that would be the maximum number for the DESCRIBE
function as well.

> Perhaps you can tell the list what the result set is built of. And how you
use the DESCRIBE function to retrieve the number of columns in the result
set.