Hi Peter,

 received Java exception "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
 com/iseriesnetwork/clubtech/xlparse/ParseSheet" when calling method
"parse"
 with signature "(¬B¬B¬B)V" in class
 "com.iseriesnetwork.clubtech.xlparse.ParseSheet".

For some reason, it's not finding the xlparse.jar file. You say that you've put it into the "EXT" directory, right? If so, you don't need it in your classpath. That directory is always in your classpath (which is why I recommended it)

Try signing off and back on again, and run it again. If that doesn't help, maybe the xlparse.jar file is missing from the EXT directory, or has been corrupted somehow (some glitch in the download perhaps) You could try re-downloading it to see if it helps.

If you want to verify that the class is there, copy that xlparse.jar file to a scratch directory, and unjar it from QShell:

    jar xf xlparse.jar

after unpacking, you should have the following directory:

    com/iseriesnetwork/clubtec/xlparse

and in that directory, you should have a ParseSheet.class file. That's the class that it says is missing.

My classpath points to both the POI and XLPARSE jar files in the IFS.

You don't need a classpath if the files are in the "EXT" directory. However, if you want to put them in your classpath, do make sure that you've listed the JAR files, not just the directories.

Am I missing some vital stuff, or did I forget some obscure setting?

It sounds like you did everything correctly, the suggestions I list above are just guesses, but nothing you said sounds like it would cause a problem.