You could always start at the beginning:

"On the Criteria To Be Used in Decomposing Systems into Modules"
D.L. Parnas
Carnegie-Mellon University
Communications of the ACM, Vol. 15, No. 12,
December 1972 pp. 1053 - 1058 Copyright © 1972,
Association for Computing Machinery Inc.
http://www.acm.org/classics/may96/

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343