Ann,

you can find some sample code at

http://www.abvv.be/code/en/fram099.htm

in the dbxmlsrc.zip  compressed savefile
logic herein is:
parse an xsd schema of the xml-docs into a 'controlefile'.
and from the 'controlefile', create a PF out of it.

for parsing of the xml-docs or for creation of the xml-docs,
the controlefile is read to make the conversions.

luc

Luc Pittoors
ABVV / FGTB Federaal
Hoogstraat 42
1000 Brussel
Tel : 02/506.82.37
luc.pittoors@xxxxxxx

message: 3
date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:19:28 -0500
from: Ann Gerling <agerling@xxxxxxx>
subject: XML Parse & Create

I was wondering if anyone has a simple example of using the iSeries Toolkit
programs for parsing and XML document and creating one that they would
share.

All the examples I have found seem to make it more difficult than I think it
needs to be.

Thanks!

message: 4
date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:19:49 -0500
from: "Holden Tommy" <Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Problem with Data Decimal Error

true the new ignore decimal data error....sheesh wish they would just do
away with it...

we should be able to handle these things without it...IMO

Thanks,
Tommy Holden