Sean Porterfield wrote:
> Anyway, when I compile my program, it has no problem with the SetLL
> below but gives "RNF5201: The specified Factor 2 operand is not allowed
> for READE or READPE operation." on the ReadE.  I retyped the line from
> scratch to rule out any phantom hidden characters.

When you don't understand why you're getting an error message, try
compiling with OPTION(*SECLVL).  The summary section at the bottom of
the listing will have the full message text which is *usually* more
helpful than just the one-liner you get normally.

*RNF5201 30      1 The specified Factor 2 operand is not allowed for
READE or
                   READPE
operation.
                     Cause . . . . . :   The Factor 2 operand must be
the name
                       of a full procedural file (F in the
File-Designation
                       entry in position 18 of a File-Description
specification)
                       processed by keys (A, D, G, K, P, T, or Z in
the
                       Record-Address-Type entry in position 34 of
                       File-Description specification). The
specification is

ignored.
                     Recovery  . . . :   Specify processing by key, or
change
                       the Factor 2 operand. Compile
again.