We had this error when we converted our code from RPGIII to RPG IV a
few years ago and raised a PMR with IBM. They were able to replicate
this problem but i have no idea what happened, since we decided to
change all the progams since we did not want to wait for a resolution

The problem is with the RPG program especially numeric variables in a
data-structures.

For example, we define SZPO as zoned-decimal field (2S0) in all tables
where ever SKU is stored like A1Szpo, A2Szpo, etc. However, when you
use these same fields to define temporary variables using LIKE(StSZpo)
- the temporary-variable is treated as packed-decimal (2P0) and not as
zoned-decimal (2S0) field. For example, the following two lines in a
data-structure do not have identical attributes as per RPG compiler!

0073.00 D I00_Szpo                            LIKE(A1Szpo)
0074.00 D I00_Szpo                       2S 0

IMHO this is a compiler issue, but we never recieved a good
explanation from IBM and since we defined all the work fields as 2S0,
instead of using the LIKE defintion, we did not follow up on the PMR
with IBM.

Krish