 >> After 4 months of considerable effort I can still code 2 to 3 times
faster in SEU than I can with WDSC, and I'm being conservative.

I just can't imagine this.  Unless you never use any other Windows software
and spent most of the time trying to make WDSC behave like SEU.

I suppose if you have a phenomenal memory and can remember every variable
name and every line number so you can get from a to b quickly .......

I don't like Windows, and like you I find it non-intuitive.  But I've got
used to the interface because in today's world one really doesn't have a lot
of choice - for most of us Macs and Linux are not options.  However - I
cannot imagine coding without WDSC (or CODE as a minimum).  SEU just makes
me want to scream in agony.  Only 18 lines of source visible at a time (vs
an absolute minimum of 30), no working tab key (unless I prompt and even
then I can't customize it).  No outline view (I can't imagine how I survived
without it).  No easy way of having multiple sources open at the same time
without having to have a separate 5250 session for each.  No verifier and
therefore no need to save before each test compile.  No (useful) on-line
help. etc. etc. etc.

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com