Well, that is telling you that the query optimizer believes it can get
the data faster by building an index on the fly.  To prevent this, you
can build indexes before you run the statements.  Which indices to
build on which fields, is a bit of an art.  You should read the debug
messages for the query job process.  I know, when using Run SQL
Scripts, you can look at the job logs for the jobs named QZDASOINIT in
subsystem QUSRWRK, but this is probably different for interactive SQL.
 It might just be your interactive job.

If set up properly, you can read 'access path suggestions' in the job log.