From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Steve Richter
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:04 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: FW: IBM's RPG Strategy (was: Long Procedure Names)
<clip>
the big advantage for me is that it is modular and procedure friendly.
 I can open a file in a procedure in one module, use it in another
module, then close it in a 3rd. What controls the show are the
parameters passed from one procedure to the next.  Which is what
modular programming is all about.
<clip>
-Steve