Just remember: you can build web interfaces that can handle both mouse
events and F-keys.  I do it all the time.  And you can modernize your
applications without rewriting.  A thin veneer of Java can provide as
modern a UI as you want.

Remember, IBM does NOT promote migrating your software off of the
iSeries, nor do they suggest you convert existing applications to Java.
Except for queries, JDBC far underperforms native I/O, and Java is a
lousy language for business rules.

For query-type applications, a JDBC front end to your database is okay
(although there are issues with tier binding that I'd rather not address
right here), but for any sort of real transaction processing, Java is
usually not the best solution.

Joe