Brian wrote:
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the info.  Yes, I am trying to debug a submitted job.
Essentially, here's what the programs do:
- Run PGMA interactively - Enter some data
- PGMA calls SS100C and passes 15 parameters
- SS100C runs a SBMJOB and calls SS101C and passes
the 15 parameters along
with the parameters JOB(BCH01) and JOBQ(BCH01)
- SS101C calls PGMB and passes 15 parameters

It is the PGMB that I would like to debug.

So, based on this information, what would I have to enter into the
parameters for STRSRVJOB?

Brian -

Joel answered your question, but I'll repeat, in more detail:

1) hold the jobq that the submitted job goes to
2) submit the job
3) determine the Job name, user id, & job number of the submittted job
4) use STRSRVJOB to service the submitted job
5) Now STRDBG on the RPG program and set a break point
6) Release the job queue so the job will start running

Now, when the program running in batch reaches the break point, it will magically pop up in your interactive job, where you can then step thru the code..

Regards,
Steve