Hi Beppe,

<snip>
The "Table 81. Field Descriptions for an Extended SQLVAR" in the
DB2 UDB for iSeries SQL Reference V5R2 says:

- For a label, the database manager sets this to the first 20 bytes of the
label.
- For a column name, the database manager sets this to the column name.

while the java method "getColumnLabel" returns the full label (with the
latest ptf's)
</snip>

Yeah, I'd seen that - I was hoping I'd missed something. I just can't understand why the DB manager only provides the first 20 bytes of a SQL label when the SQLDA provides a 30 byte field to describe into. It just doesn't make sense - especially when the java drivers can retrieve the full label.

Totally frustrating!!!

Oh, love the SQL2XML utility you wrote - you could say it was inspirational. :-)

Cheers

Larry Ducie