  Sorry, after playing around a bit, I fixed it.  I needed to comment out a
  couple lines and everything worked.

  Thanks to all who helped me out with this!

  the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> >To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  >Subject: sql2xls program problem >Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:45:30 -0600 >
  > I am trying to get this POI thing to create a formula in an Excel >
  spreadsheet cell. JK was kind enough to point me in the right >direction >
  (Thanks John). As I am unfamiliar with RPGILE and Java, you can >
  understand that I am "strugling" my way through this. > > I added the
  following PR to the sql2xls program: > * Cell.setCellFormula(String)
  ------------------------ > > D setCellFormula PR ExtProc(*JAVA > D
  :'org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel- > D .HSSFCell' > D :'setCellFormula') > D
  cellFormula O Class(*JAVA > D :'java.lang.String') > > I then added the
  following "If" statement to the program: > > If %subst(Cell_Alfa:1:1) =
  '='; > setCellType(cell:2); > Cell_Alfa = %subst(Cell_Alfa:2:1023); //
  strip out the '=' > string = createString(Cell_Alfa); // create java
  string > tstring = trimString(String); // trim string >
  setCellFormula(cell:tstring); // set cell value > Else; >
  setCellType(cell:1); > string = createString(Cell_Alfa); // create java
  string > tstring = trimString(String); // trim string >
  setCellValStr(cell:tstring); // set cell value > EndIf; >
  freeJavaObject(env:string); > > When I try to run the program, I get the
  following error: > > Message . . . . : Java exception received when
  calling Java >method (C G > D > F). > > Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure
  SQL2XLSR >in program TGC400/SQL2XLSR > received > Java exception
  "java.lang.NumberFormatException: You cannot >get a > numeric value from a
  String based cell" when calling method >"setCellType" with signature
  "(I)V" in class >"org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell". > > Recovery .
  . . : Contact the person responsible for program > maintenance to
  determine the cause of the problem. > > Possible choices for replying to
  message . . . . . . . . . . . . >. . . : D -- Obtain RPG formatted dump. >
  S -- Obtain system dump. G -- Continue processing >at *GETIN. > C --
  Cancel. F -- Obtain full formatted >dump. > > Technical description . . .
  . . . . . : If the exception >indicates that > the > Java class was not
  found, ensure the class for the method is in >the > class path. If the
  exception indicates that the Java method >was not found, > check the
  method name and signature. If the signature is not >correct, change > the
  RPG prototype for the method, or change the Java method, >so that the >
  return > type and parameter types match. You can determine the >signatures
  for > all the methods in class XYZ using command QSH CMD('javap >-sXYZ').
  > Reply . . . : C > Press Enter to > continue. > > Does anybody have a
  suggestion about what I may be missing or >doing wrong? >-- >This is the
  RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries (RPG400-L) >mailing list >To post a
  message email: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx >To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change