From: MD, Sadique [mailto:Sadique.MD@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:49 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: sqlrpgle & copy book

Hi Sudha,

This Could work

Step 1) Select * From EMPPF where EMPNO > 1000

EMPLOYEE  EMPLOYEE

NUMBER    NAME

  1,001   Sadiq1

  1,002   Sadiq2

Step 2) Copy book / member DSMBR  looks like this

0001.00      DEMPDS          E Ds                  EXTNAME(EMPPF)

0002.00      D                                     Prefix(S_)  INZ

Step 3) Main Program RPGLE SQLFETCH looks like this

0001.00 FQsysprt   O    F  132        Printer

0002.00  *

0003.00 D/Copy Source,DsMbr

0004.00

0005.00 C/EXEC SQL

0006.00 C+ DECLARE SQLCSR CURSOR FOR SELECT EMPNO, EMPNA FROM EMPPF
WHERE +

0007.00 C+ EMPNO > 1000

0008.00 C/END-EXEC

0009.00  *

0010.00 C/EXEC SQL

0011.00 C+                  open    SqlCsr

0012.00 C/END-EXEC

0013.00  *

0014.00 C                   EXCEPT    Header

0015.00  *

0016.00 C     SQLCOD        DoUNe     0

0017.00  *

0018.00 C/EXEC SQL

0019.00 C+                  FETCH   FROM SqlCsr

0020.00 C+                          Into :EMPDS

0021.00 C/END-EXEC

0022.00  *

0023.00 C                   IF        SQLCOD = 100

0024.00 C                   Leave

0025.00 C                   EndIf

0026.00  *

0027.00 C                   EXCEPT    Details

0028.00  *

0029.00 C                   Enddo

0030.00  *

0031.00 C/EXEC SQL

0032.00 C+                  Close   SqlCsr

0034.00  *

0035.00  *

0036.00 C                   Eval      *Inlr = *On

0037.00  *

0038.00 OQsysprt   E            Header

0039.00 O                                           45 'Employee
Details'

0040.00 O          E            Details

0041.00 O                       S_EMPNO              6

0042.00 O                       S_EMPNA             20

Step 4)  Call the program and Execute WRKSPLF command

The spool file QSYSPRT looks like this

                            Employee Details

 1001    Sadiq1

 1002    Sadiq2

Step 5) Compare the above result with Step 1 query , both resulted two
records

        Hence we can say that the program got executed successfully with
out
failure

Thanks

Sadiq ..