Tim Kredlo wrote:

> List,
>
> I have discovered that besides the op codes Barbara Morris said
> do not work with fully qualified data structures,
> that the BIFs %EditC and %Date also do not work with these structures.
> Both BIFs generated the same error - "RNF7421 - Operands are not compatible
> with the type of operator".
> As a workaround I evaluated a 'simple' field equal to the FQDS sub-field and
> BIF'd it.

Tim, something else must be wrong with your code using %EditC and
%Date.  Maybe you could post your code.

Those two builtin functions do take complex qualified names.  Try
compiling the program below.

d ds1             ds                  qualified
d  num                           8p 0 inz(20040627)
D ds2             ds                  qualified
D  sub                                likeds(ds1) inz(*likeds)
D date            s               d
D string          s             20a
 /free
        string = %editc(ds2.sub.num : 'P');