Tony,

If the memo records are created in a seperate programme, I would use a data
area.

Before you enter the programme you test the data area. If available, you can
enter the programme and write your memo. Otherwise an information error
(programme-defined) tells you , you cannot.

When you leave the memo-programme the data area is cleared.

Regards,
Cael Teijgeler