Hi,

there are no easy solutions.
The following example works for three instances, for eight you have to
expand it.

with first  as (select phone as phone1, PhoneExt as Ext1,
                       Min(feature) as Min1
                  from phoneno
                  group by phone, phoneExt),
     second as (select phone as phone2, PhoneExt as Ext2,
                       Min(feature) as Min2
                  from phoneno join first  on phone1 = phone
                                          and ext1   = phoneext
                                          and min1   < feature
                  group by phone, phoneExt),
     Third  as (select phone as phone3, PhoneExt as Ext3,
                       Min(feature) as Min3
                  from phoneno join second on phone2 = phone
                                          and ext2   = phoneext
                                          and min2   < feature
                  group by phone, phoneExt)
select   phone1, phone2, min1, min2, min3
   from  first left outer join second on phone1 = phone2
                                      and ext1  = Ext2
               left outer join third  on phone1 = phone3
                                      and ext1  = Ext3

But be aware, I haven't checked performance. That could be terrible.

Birgitta