You mean the commands ADDJOBSCDE, RMVJOBSCDE from QCMDEXC?  Before you go
that route, with a program not adopting authority, you might want to try
ADDJOBSCDE with a normal user profile that would be running the program. I
think it will have a problem with ADDJOBSCDE USER(POWERDUDE).
What might work is leaving the entries out there
ADDJOBSCDE SCDDATE(013105) SCDTIME(0100) SAVE(*YES) USER(POWERDUDE)
HLDJOBSCDE
And then just have your program do a CHGJOBSCDE SCDDATE(*CURRENT)
SCDTIME(*CURRENT) followed by a RLSJOBSCDE.

Then again, there are the profile handle api's which might be better.
Haven't used them myself.

Or, instead of having to remember how to compile the programs, you could
invest in a Change Management system and use that.  Or write your own
'precompiler' that would interpret funny comments in your program as
compile commands.  Been some discussion in the archives, and posted code
on some website, on doing that.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Hodder, Douglas" <DHodder@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/13/2005 05:55 AM
Please respond to

"'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Schedule a job under different user profile

Thanks Rob,
I tried logging the CL program commands and discovered that the job was
actually running fine.  Just that the report was being sent to the wrong
OUTQ.

I have this working now, but, I'm not sure that it is a very good
approach.
Anytime PgmA is compiled now, I have to remember to change the owner to
QSECOFR (as well as some other attributes listed previously).
Anyone have any ideas on a better approach?  Is there an API that can
create
and then remove a jobscde via RPG?
Basically, I just need to submit a job (from within an RPG pgm) under
someone elses user profile.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Doug