Thanks Larry.

<snip>
> Have a look at the thread entitled "Static procedure variables - how to
> re-initialise?" that has run over the last few days for more information
> about their use.

</snip>

I had no idea what that thread was about, so I ignored it... hehe...
Now I will go back and read it's entirety

<snip>
> The biggest consideration is the fact that setting on *INLR in the program
> does not clear them down, so subsequent calls to the program will have
> initialised global variables, but un-initialised STATIC local variables.

</snip>

Luckily, this program will be run in batch, so when the program
completes, the entire job ends.  But now that I understand the use of
this 'Static' keyword, I am starting to really see parallels between
subprocedures and 'classes'.  The gears are starting to spin ;-)

--
"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."