> From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
>
> I was wondering about this also.
>
> And by the way, I haven't heard a comment from Hans since J.P.'s last
> dressing down of Hans in July.  Sad.

"Dressing down"?!  <snicker> This is my "dressing down":

- In fact, you might consider removing words like "ludicrous" from your
vocabulary.  It makes it seem like you think you're smarter than those
of us who actually use the language for a living. -

WHOOOO BOY!  I GOT HIM GOOD!

It's funny.  There are people like Hans and Walden whose experience and
expertise I respect but on the mailing list, given our respective
positions (and perhaps our individual temperaments <grin>), our
conversations are usually adversarial.  Nature of the beast.

Our offline conversations are more cordial.  For example, Hans and I
occasionally discuss Python issues.  I'm seriously considering porting a
major Python application to the iSeries, now that the iSeries-Python
project has created a recent enough version.  In any case, I doubt
seriously that there's any cause and effect relationship of my rather
tame riposte and Hans' lack of activity here.  I suspect the reason Hans
doesn't really monitor this list is because he's working on the PL/I
compiler now.

Joe