Thanks Scott/Larry,

I get the same problem when run the command from qsh as well.  I have
set my CLASSPATH in the envvar. But when I call any java method I get an
error.
   $

   $

   $

   $

 > java com.Ostermiller.util.Browser.displayURL("http://www.yahoo.com";)

   qsh: 001-0050 Syntax error on line 4: token "(" not expected.

   $

Is there a setup(s) I am missing?  We just updated to v5r3.
Thanks,
Sudha

Sudha Ramanujan
SunGard Futures Systems