Ron,

You can use an option indicator on those fields as long as you code the
subfile with SUBSIZ=SFLPAG.   Which means you have to control the roll
forward and backward in your program.  Here's an example which uses
*IN01=*ON for the total line and *IN01=*OFF for the date line:

     A          R SUBFILE                   SFL
     A  01                              3  1'Total:'
     A  01        CHAR          10A  B  3  8
     A N01                              3  1' Date:'
     A N01        DATE           8  0B  3  8EDTWRD('    /  /  ')
     A          R CONTROL                   SFLCTL(SUBFILE)
     A  31                                  SFLDSP
     A N30                                  SFLDSPCTL
     A  30                                  SFLCLR
     A                                      SFLSIZ(0005)
     A                                      SFLPAG(0005)

Hope this helps,
Paul

--
Paul Morgan