I have two files, one of which contains the current aging bucket
values (FAMLY), and the other which needs it's aging buckets updated
(DFAMLY) from the other file.  In an attempt to speed this guy up, I
thought of using data structs for reading and comparing the two
recordsets, and updating as necessary, using a third file entry in
UPDATE mode.  I create two data structs for the aging fields within
the record formats, compare after a read from each file, and deal with
the differences.  The problem is that the packed numbers look funny in
my data structures, and they don't match what's in the LIKEREC data
structures.

I have the two files:

     FDFamly    IF   E           K Disk    ExtFile('DMART/DFAMLY')
     F                                     InfSR(*PSSR)
     F                                     Block(*Yes)
     F                                     UsrOpn

     FFamly     IF   E           K DISK    ExtFile(FileFAMLY)
     F                                     InfSR(*PSSR)
     F                                     Block(*Yes)
     F                                     UsrOpn

The two data structs:
     D D               DS                  LikeRec(RFamly:*Input)  //
DFAMLY file
     D F               DS                  LikeRec(FamRec:*Input) // FAMLY file

Within the two record formats, there are two 'chunks' of fields that
need to be compared:

    D AgingChk1       DS                  Qualified
     D                                     Based(pTemp)
     D  Fmcrch                       11P 2
     D  Fmcraj                       11P 2
     D  Fmcrpm                       11P 2
     D  Fmbdue                       11P 2
     D  Fma000                       11P 2
     D  Fma030                       11P 2
     D  Fma060                       11P 2
     D  Fma090                       11P 2
     D  Fma120                       11P 2
     D  Fma150                       11P 2

     D AgingChk2       DS                  Qualified
     D                                     Based(pTemp)
     D  Fmzbal                        2P 0
     D  Fmzyrm                        4P 0

I create two sets of these data structs, and their BASED pointers:
    D DA1             DS                  Based(pDA1)
     D                                     LikeDS(AgingChk1)
     D FA1             DS                  Based(pFA1)
     D                                     LikeDS(AgingChk1)
     D DA2             DS                  Based(pDA2)
     D                                     LikeDS(AgingChk2)
     D FA2             DS                  Based(pFA2)

     D pDA1            S               *   Inz
     D pDA2            S               *   Inz
     D pFA1            S               *   Inz
     D pFA2            S               *   Inz

And I know, from using DSPFFD, and my own FI tool, that these are the
correct offsets for the aging data structs:

       pDA1=%Addr(D)+186;
       pDA2=%Addr(D)+268;
       pFA1=%Addr(F)+163;
       pFA2=%Addr(F)+245;

When I debug, and perform a set of reads:
              Read Famly F;
              Read DFamly D;

The F and D data structures contain the correct data from the record.
But when I EVAL the DA1 and FA1 structures, the decimals look funny:

DA1.FMCRCH = 000000000.0
DA1.FMCRAJ = 000000000.0
DA1.FMCRPM = 000000000.0
DA1.FMBDUE = 000000000.0
DA1.FMA000 = 000000000.0
DA1.FMA030 = 000000000.0
DA1.FMA060 = 000000000.0
DA1.FMA090 = 000000000.0
DA1.FMA120 = 000000000.0
DA1.FMA150 = 000000000.0

And the DA2 and FA2 structs are just wacky:
DA2.FMZBAL = 0.
DA2.FMZYRM = 11Ù.

Any ideas?

--
"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."