Jimmy,

Since SQL has to pass through the precompiler, you need to tell SQL how it
is supposed to treat date data.  It does not use the DATFMT() from the H
spec.  Two ways to go about this; on the CRTSQLRPGI command, specify DATFMT
in the compile command, or (my preference) use a SQL options block in your
source member to specify your SQL options.  See the example below...

C/EXEC SQL
C+ Set Option
C+     DatFmt    = *Iso,
C+     Naming    = *Sys,