Giuseppe,

I'm also struggling with the (non-)performance of POI called from RPGLE.

But my problem is that I use as input a flat file which contains CSV data.

This file was previously copied to the IFS with CPYTOSTMF, but a real XLS
would be better.  So rather than modifying the program which generates the
CSV, I opted for making a generic utility that accepts the CSV as input
and generates an XLS in the IFS.  I had already done the same in a
different program that accepts any file as input.

But just like Vincenzo said, after about 10.000 records the performance is
really very very bad, so we are now looking for alternatives.

So I'm very interested in the "pure java" you mention, if I can modify it
to parse the CSV instead of taking an SQL statement.

Can this be done, while of course preserving the performance?

Thanks,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
Massive - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Real developers never document.  If it was hard to write, it should be
hard to understand.
-----