Brian,

you are correct: the file definition is 2P0, but the SQLRPGLE program
makes it 2S0 if the field is used in a data structure.

While it would be possible to use a workfield in the data structure 'like'
the database field, thus making it indeed also 2P0, this would defeat the
purpose of the data structure itself.

In fact, the data structure is used to easily compare and move 3 fields
from database to hidden display fields and back.

So I think that the solution I adopted - using a workfield for the
prototyped call - needs the least modifications in the program.

I was just expressing my surprise that the program will change the field
type if it is used in a DS.

Here are some fragments showing what I mean:

     ** file ds
     D fileds          ds
     D  lvlide42                            inz
     D  docgrp42                            inz
     D  atrman42                            inz
     ** sf1hidds  (hidden fields)
     D sf1hidds        ds
     D  lvlideh1                            inz
     D  docgrph1                            inz
     D  atrmanh1                            inz
     ** scherm tonen ds : Subfile
     D subfds          ds
     D  lvlides1                            inz
     D  docgrps1                            inz
     D  atrmans1                            inz
    //
           Read inputfile;
           subfs   = fileds;
           sf1hidds = fileds;
           otherfields1 = otherfield42;
           otherfieldh1 = otherfield42;
          /// etc
   //
               IF fileds <> sf1hidds;
                   err21 = *on;
                   MSGID='SYS0004';
                   EXSR $ERR;
               else;
   // etc...

Thanks,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
Massive - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Real programmers never document.  If it was hard to write, it should be
hard to understand.
-----

Brian Parkins <parkib@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/11/2004 14:42
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries