> >From a CLLE I COPY a file to a folder in the Root of the IFS.  I what to
> change the file attribute to "Read-Only".  I've tried using CHGAUT with
> DTAAut = to *RX  or *R in either case the File's Attribute is not
> changed.

CHGAUT changes the file's "permissions".  It controls who has read access,
who has write access, who has both, etc.

> Can anyone suggest a Command or API I can use the change this attribute?

If you want to set the MS-DOS "Read-Only" flag on the file, you do it with
the CHGATR command.  For example:

  CHGATR OBJ('/home/scott/myfile.csv') ATR(*READONLY) VALUE(*YES)

It's also possible to use the Qp0lSetAttr() API, but this method is MUCH
more complicated -- so unless you have a pressing need to use the API, I
suggest using the command above.  (Via QCMDEXC if necessary)