Duane,

The V5R3 info center has some of the information you are asking for
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm

Look under: Programming, APIs, MI programming, Machine interface
instructions.

ILE built-ins are a subset of MI instructions.  Of the MI instructions
listed, the ones that are available as built-ins are documented as having a
"built-in number" along with the interface for "bound program access".

Looking up MEMCPY it describes the "bound program access" as

Built-in number for MEMCPY is 15.
MEMCPY (
        target_string   : address of aggregate(*)
        source_string   : address of aggregate(*)
        copy_length     : unsigned binary(4) value which specifies the
                          number of bytes to copy
) :   space pointer(16) to the target string

The interface happens to be the same as the C library version of memcpy.  If
you don't have a RPG prototype, this will work.

d memcpy          pr              *   extproc('__memcpy')
d target                          *   value
d source                          *   value
d length                        10u 0 value

The missing piece of information is determing the actual builtin name to use
(ie. "__memcpy").

Keith