I have used the sourcecompare program that is available on the iseries, but
I have better results (for my environment) using 3rd party tools, as
ExamDiff from prestosoft, and beyond compare, by scooter software, and
Araxis Merge, for beautiful 3 way compares.

You can download you source files to a pc, and then compare, I wrote a Java
GUI program, to browse source files across different iseries, to retrieve
the source, to my PC for comparing...

This allows me to grab source from a previous version of our vendors
software, compare it to our custom version, and then do a 3-way compare to
the new version of our vendors software.

Tim