rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Let me try repasting without some of the comments and see if that inspires anyone to respond

 * SJQL0100 - QWDLSJBQ - List Subsystem Job Queue Entries
D pSJQL0100       s               *
D SJQL0100        DS                  Qualified based(pSJQL0100)
D  JobQueueName                 10a
D  JobQueueLib                  10a
D  SeqNbr                       10i 0
D  AllocInd                     10a
D*
D*
D  Reserved1                     2a
D  MaxAct                       10i 0
D*
D  MaxPty1                      10i 0
D  MaxPty2                      10i 0
D  MaxPty3                      10i 0
D  MaxPty4                      10i 0
D  MaxPty5                      10i 0
D  MaxPty6                      10i 0
D  MaxPty7                      10i 0
D  MaxPty8                      10i 0
D  MaxPty9                      10i 0
D  MaxPty                       10i 0 Overlay(MaxPty1) dim(9)

                 For x = 1 to %elem(SJQL0100.MaxPty);
                   cmd += ' MAXPTY' + %char(x) + '(';
                   Select;
                   When SJQL0100.MaxPty(x)=-1;
RNF7503S Expression contains an operand that is not defined.
                     cmd += '*NOMAX';
                   Other;
                     cmd += %char(SJQL0100.MaxPty(x));
RNF7503S Expression contains an operand that is not defined.
                   EndSl;
                 EndFor;

Are you getting another message that says that MAXPTY is not defined for some reason related to the OVERLAY? You can't overlay a larger subfield over a smaller subfield. Try defining a 36A subfield, then define all the MAXPTY* subfields overlaying that.

Cheers! Hans