Hi All,

I am looking for opinions/comments on how people identify which constraint
caused a file exception error.

For the sake of brevity, let's just deal with check constraints. Here is what I
am currently doing.

My program traps errors using the (E) extender on writes, updates etc.

If there is an error with a status of 1022, then a procedure is called which
retrieves messages from the calling procedure message queue until it gets
message CPF502F.

I then scan the message data looking for the constraint name - I have a naming
convention that all constraint names start with CHECK_ . I am not ecstatic
about using a naming convention to identify constraints.

I don't want to "hard code" the starting position of the constraint name in the
message data - it may change in the future.

Does anybody have a different approach?

TIA

Paul Tuohy