Are there any records to display?  Just check to make sure you are getting
the data back and that the subfile is actually being written.  It might be
that you have a problem getting the data back to the presentation program
and the subfile is not being written out and then you try to display a
blank subfile, that usually blows up.  I usually add a routine after my
subfile load process that checks that if no records written, I write a
subfile record out with a message stating that no records found or
something like that.  Example:

 *-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 * LOADSUB5 - Load Subfile #5 - Cpenwnsf
 *-----------------------------------------------------------------------

c     Loadsub5      Begsr
 * Load subfile
c                   Eval      x = Sf4qty
 * Load as many lines as qty selected
c                   Do        x
c                   Eval      Sf5cde = Sf4cde
c                   Eval      Sf5sub = Sf4sub
c                   Eval      Sf5amt = *Zeros
c                   Eval      Sflrrn5 = Sflrrn5 + 1
c                   Eval      Sf5dsc = %Trim(Sf4dsc) + ' ' +
%Char(Sflrrn5)
c                   Write     Cpenwnsf
c                   EndDo
 *  If no records found, write a None Found record
c                   If             Sflrrn5 = 0
c                   Eval      Sf5cde = *Blanks
c                   Eval      Sf5sub = *Blanks
c                   Eval      Sf5amt = *Zeros
c                   Eval      Sfl5dsc = 'None Found!'
c                   Eval      Sflrrn5 = 1
c                   Write     Cpenwnsf
c                   EndIf
c                   Endsr

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Tel: 709-576-8132
Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/08/2004 01:34 PM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Subfile problem

Hmmm...I dunno...I've never gotten that error unless I try to write a
subfile control record format with no control indicators on. I don't see
why separating the database access from the presentation should matter.
Guess you need a smarter RPG guy than me...luckily, there's no shortage
of those folks on this list.