Jon Paris Wrote:
-So that others don't get the wrong impression Tony, I would like to point
-out that in your example you _should_ have used ASCEND...

Okay, now it is crystal clear--I get it!  What was happening, is that in a
300 element array, only the first 65 were populated, and the last 235 were
blanks.  So in doing a binary search over the whole array, the middle
element was still LESS THAN the search argument, so it split the second
half, and lo and behold, the middle of that was also less than, etc. etc.
bottom line, the search ALWAYS comes up blank, with no results (and no, it
doesn't return zero, like the IBM documentation says, by the way, it just
doesn't touch the var to the left).  So when I use ASCEND, and give %Lookup
a range to sort, that is honestly in ASCENDing order, it works beautifully!

I thank you Jon, Paul, and Bob (I have made some pretty silly mistakes that
Mr. Cozzi has been asked about in the past, so I understand the simple
answer ;-) )  I'll buy you all a round at the next RPGWorld!

You guys are very helpful in understanding RPG.

Tony Carolla
MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc.