Mel,

I had export on the PR, I just forgot to add it to my post ( a case of typing at home and working from memory). Sorry for the red herring.

Scott,

I replaced my calls to system() with calls to QCMDEXC and it worked fine.

This raises two questions:

1) If you want to call a procedure from another procedure do you have to prototype the called procedure in the calling procedure? I noticed that your QCMDEXC PR was within the MyCallBackProc, I had my system() PR in the main D-specs. Was that wrong? Is that why it failed?

2) It would appear that my call-back proc was indeed being called and it was the call to system() that was failing. However, I had a debug breakpoint within the proc and it was never invoked. Is it a case that call-back procs can't be debugged because they get called outside the normal process?

Thanks Scott. I now know that I can't lose my data even if the job crashes. Thank God for the AS/400!

Cheers

Larry Ducie