You're right on both counts.  So I checked out your website, found all the
articles, but didn't find a way to sign up for a newsletter.  Where did I
miss it?  (I see I've got some catching up to do.)  Is the "eServer
Magazine - iSeries Edition" a free IBM pub?  How does one sign up for that?

<snip>
> That makes it a labor of love, and of course
> Rochester in winter is, shall we say, and acquired taste!

LOL!

> However, while I am hopeful that this will go ahead, as of today we have
> heard nothing from IBM beyond the original statement.  We have been trying
> to convince them to do "son of Redbook" for four years now - and have had
> several false starts.  The original only contained about 50% of
> the material
> we went to Rochester with, so we wanted to do much more.  Plus of
> course the
> language and the system have moved on since the original was written.

The b*stards!  <g>  Well, I'm sure I voted on the redbook page four years
ago, but I just went back and submitted the following review (and may I
persuasively suggest that other listers follow suit):

This Redbook is ...
   Useful ................. Strongly Agree
   Technically accurate ... Strongly Agree
   Technically complete ... Neutral
   Logically organized .... Strongly Agree

Comments:
I voted "Neutral" on Technically Complete because this redbook is four years
old and was written for V4R4.  Here we are four years and four releases
later at V5R3, and look at how much RPG has evolved since then!  Plus, I
have heard that the published redbook had only half of what the authors
provided.  I'm trying to fathom how *that* could have happened, since the
authors are probably better qualified than any manager in the redbook
department to decide what RPG programmers want & need to see.

Anyway, I have always felt that this redbook is required reading for all RPG
programmers, right next to the RPG-IV Reference manual.  This redbook has
been a tremendous help in advancing my RPG skills.  But it NEEDS to be
updated!  There is just TOO much new stuff that most of us RPG wonks haven't
figured out how to use.

So, please, IBM, devote the resources necessary to get this redbook updated!
And don't cut out the material like was done in the original pub.
<end of comments>

db