Hi,
      Is it possible to order by more than one fields when you use case in
SQL?  In all the examples I found, it only had one field on each When. For
example, this works: (The file has fields for entire name, last name &
first name. I am printing labels, so only need the entire name to print,
but separate fields for sorting)

       C/EXEC SQL DECLARE A CURSOR FOR
       C+ SELECT EMEMP#,EMPNAM,EMSTCD,EMOHYY,EMCORP,EMPAY#
       C+ FROM HRV6DTA/HRPEMP
       C+ ORDER BY Case       When :F1Sort = 'Y' then EMEMP#
       C+                           When :F1Sort = 'N' then EMLNAM
       C+                           End
       C/END-EXEC

But I can't seem to get SEU to accept this:

      C/EXEC SQL DECLARE A CURSOR FOR
      C+ SELECT EMEMP#,EMPNAM,EMSTCD,EMOHYY,EMCORP,EMPAY#
      C+ FROM HRV6DTA/HRPEMP
      C+ ORDER BY Case  When :F1Sort = 'Y' then EMEMP#
      C+                      When :F1Sort = 'N' then EMLNAM, EMFNAM
      C+                      End
      C/END-EXEC

I get the message   'Token , was not valid. Valid tokens: END. '
If this doesn't work, I was going to try to concatenate the last name and
first name and use that to sort. Any ideas?

Terri Harteau
Felker Brothers Corporation
Paperwork is like kudzu. Both need to be pruned regularly. Usually, a
flamethrower is overkill.      Usually.