From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lokesh Gupta
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:16 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Difference between EBCDIC and EDCDIC charter set?

Hi Everyone,

I could not find any conclusive information on the Internet hence the mail to
this forum.

I need to convert an EDCDIC file (received from mainframe) to ASCII. In most of
the documents EDCDIC and EBCDIC is used interchangeably. My initial research
suggests that one is a subset of other. I am trying to confirm if there is any
difference in the character set or anything I should be aware of before
starting the conversion. Any pointers will be helpful.

regards,
Lokesh Gupta,
Infosys Technologies Ltd.,
Mobile: 239-839-7673