From: "Joe Wells" <jwells@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 9:35 AM
Subject: I have been experimenting with BLOBs and have finally had
somesuccess. One of my problems was the éT¨ÂªÆT

> I have been experimenting with BLOBs and have finally had some success.
One of my problems was the manner in which I was trying to load the BLOB.
This is what I was doing (from an interactive SQL session)  -

> CREATE TABLE LIB/BLOBS1 (FILE_BLOB BLOB (100000 ) WITH DEFAULT
> NULL, NAME CHAR ( 10) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT)
>
> INSERT INTO LIB/BLOBS1 (FILE_BLOB, NAME)
> VALUES(blob('picture.jpeg'), 'picture')
>
> However, the java example that I found would not display the image.  I
then loaded the blob using JDBC (another example I found) and it the java
example displays the image.  This is how the JDBC example loaded the blob -

>       pstmt = con.prepareStatement(
>         "INSERT INTO lib.blobs1 VALUES( ?, ? )" );
>
>       for (int i = 0; i < asName.length; i++)
>       {
>         pstmt.setString( 1, asName[i] );
>
>         fImage = new File( asImages[i] );
>         isImage = new FileInputStream( fImage );
>         pstmt.setBinaryStream( 2,
>            isImage, (int)( fImage.length() ) );
>
>         iRowCount +=
>         pstmt.executeUpdate();
>       }
>
> I am now searching to see if the blob can be loaded using RPG (embedded
SQL, I guess).  Does anyone know if this is possible?

http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/Database/JDBC20Intro/exercises/BLOBGet/